Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dialetic of Life

When you are talking about the whole area of Being and Becoming, we are always involved in what I call the Dialetic of life. The Dialetic meaning the two modes; two poles of Being and doing. You are who you are not because of what you do. But the fact of the matter you do what you do because of who you are. Sometimes the Doing help you Becomes at the same time. Let me give you a simple example on that.

Very often , we say when it is hard to pray, that’s the time for you to pray the hardest. What do we mean by that? What we are really saying is, don’t wait for the feeling to come on before you pray but discipline your life and the more you disciplines, that feeling converges in your life.

You do the same thing in the romance and love with your partners, You don’t always have to feel like pulling the chair for them or opening the door for them but in the process of doing, you are also Becoming and it affects your Being. And I think Jesus does this very often, He tell us to use our will to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness; you will search for me and find me when you search for me with all your heart; if any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me; as a man thinketh in his heart so is He, out of the heart is the issues of life. So He bring in both these facets, by will you express your choices, but the heart is the seed and fountain of choices that we made.

Leadership Seminar 1 mp3 - Ravi Zacharias

No comments:

Post a Comment