Monday, May 25, 2009

MIC , IDT & BTW

Men-In-Covenant (MiC) is the men's ministry of Covenant EFC.
Our vision is men-in-covenant towards Authentic Manhood.
"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another" (Prov 27 v 17).

We provide a platform for every man to grow in authentic manhood to glorify God through loving leadership of his family, effective witness at his workplace and humble service to His church.

MiC organizes the following Periodic Men's Retreats for Life Transformation !
These retreats, called Breakthrough Weekends (BTW), enable men to experience spiritual breakthroughs. Testimony

"Through the BTW, it gives me a chance to repent and also to set my new goal for life. I know I have messed up my life for so long and it's got to stop now. I need to move on and this time I have to move on together with God:"

Our next Breakthrough Weekend is on 27 to 29 Nov 2009. Please contact Adrian Chan at adrian.chan@cefc.org.sg


What Is IDT?
IDT is two years of intentional Discipleship Training. On Fridays, we meet for a plenary session followed by group time. The 4 modules covered are:
  • Getting Into The Word
  • Personal Leadership
  • Roots and Wings
  • Mentoring From The Inside Out

Besides this, we also train to develop the daily spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, journaling, Scripture memory and evangelism, as well as growing, learning and serving in a small group community.

Who Is IDT For?
IDT is for every believer in Christ (Col 1:28). It's not just for "super Christians". If you have a desire to grow spiritually, IDT is for you! IDT helps you to grow In biblical discipleship and in the spiritual disciplines on a daily basis.

What If I Don't Have Time?
Make the time. We all have 168 hours a week. We make time for what's important in life. IDT shapes our Inner core values so that we know how to give our time to what really matters in fife!

Doesn't Two Years Seem Too Long?
Not at all for a lifetime investment! And discipleship training is a very worthwhile investment that pays great spiritual dividends! Moreover, you can use what you have learnt to mentor others!

What If I Can't Memorize Verses? What If I Fail?
IDT doesn't stand for "I Die Trying". Rather, for many, IDT has become "I Daily Train" and "I'm Daily Transformed". In other words, IDT helps you to accomplish what you think you can't. We don't TRY to be disciples, we TRAIN to be disciples!

Can I Sign Up Later?
Life is short. Don't procrastinate! Find a friend and sign up together. Or else, join IDT and find kindred friends there! For us in IDT, it's "Intentional Discipleship Together!"

No comments:

Post a Comment